Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Good Lord, it's December!

I've been a bit out of sorts the past coulple of months. Haven't talked to my friends, haven't written in my blog (which is very much like talking to my friends), haven't even started to shop for Christmas. Is it December? What happened to November?

Everything is just a little off.

I've tried to put my finger on it. I've sort of tried to anyway -- but like everything lately, I tried half-heartedly. I've not done things I wanted to do, I've let friends get out of touch, I've missed out on auditions I had looked forward to and prepared for for months.

I never want to do anything. I have to make myself do everything, even fun things with my boys. Sometimes I can make myself get started and hope the desire will catch up to me.

To make a long and not-so-interesting story short (you can thank me later), things are still off kilter but I'm working on getting things back on track.

So here I am, trying to tell you all -- my blog friends -- that I'm back and ready to try again. It's funny, there are friends here in the blog-world whom I only know through blogging, but in some ways, I communicate more with them than my real-world ones. And since we tend to bare our souls a bit more --and way more indulgently-- here in the blog world, those ties are unbelieveably precious.

Some friends -- people like Gail and Cyndi and Mikey -- I've known for years and only wish that the business of life would allow us to spend more time together. But I know they're there and sometimes our blogs are our only constant connection. I love knowing that I can visit with them everyday or so through their blogs.

Others -- people like Jeremy and KC -- I don't really "know" in the traditional sense, but I feel I know intimately because of what they've shared in their blogs. I remember when I met Jeremy at an audition -- I just had to hug him because I felt I had known him forever; our blogs had established our "friendship".

I don't know what I mean to say tonight, other than that I've been "gone" from my blog, and "away" from my own life for awhile, too.

I'm coming back.

4 comments:

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

I, for one, am glad to see you back! I've missed you!!

KC said...

Yeah! You're back! Very nice to see you again.

Here's something I've been meaning to ask you for a while... if you could be cast in any part (no matter if you don't think you "fit" it), what would it be?

As for me, I don't have a particular part I want to play. Because I can't act my way out of a paper bag, I'd be happy to just be able to speak Shakespeare's lines as if I knew what I was saying.

Gumby said...

Yea! So glad you're back!

we really do need a reunion coffee...

Sony said...

Hey! Glad to see you're back. :) It's been a crazy end of 2007 and I too am trying to reconnect with friends on- and off-line.

Here's to 2008 and staying connected!